By: Christopher F. McLaren and Marjorie L. Baldwin
Published: October, 2017
Workers’ Compensation: Benefits, Coverage, and Costs is the twentieth in a series by the National Academy of Social Insurance to provide the only comprehensive national data on this largely state-run program. The study provides estimates of workers’ compensation payments—cash and medical—for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and federal programs providing workers’ compensation.
*Note: Due to the large size of the file, the report may take a few moments to download
- Download the report. (PDF)
- View an infographic. (PDF)
- Read the national press release.
- Read state-specific findings for California, Illinois, Oklahoma, Washington State, and West Virginia.
- Review the sources and methods used to produce the state-level estimates in the report.