Kilolo Kijakazi, Urban Institute
Maya MacGuineas, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
The Academy's 28th annual conference will be a unique forum for policymakers, business and labor leaders, practitioners and advocates to discuss the implications of growing income and wealth disparities for social insurance programs, and to explore opportunities for common ground in understanding the trends and developing policy solutions.
- Examine the latest data on growing economic disparities;
- Analyze trends that drive disparities and the challenges and opportunities for policymakers;
- Hear a range of expert views on the impact of these trends on social insurance programs;
- Discuss the role that social insurance could play in mitigating disparities;
- Explore what can be learned from other countries about how social insurance can address inequality; and much more.
529 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045