Thank you for your interest in interning at the National Academy of Social Insurance. In addition to completing the form below, you must include the following with your application:
- A one to two page cover letter that explains your interest in the internship program and answers the following questions:
- The role of social insurance programs in your life, your family’s life, and/or your community or our society.
- The specific internship for which you are applying (your first choice), and why this program is well suited to your educational goals, professional development, and/or career aspirations (one paragraph).
- If applying to more than one internship program, please discuss in a separate paragraph why you are interested in the other programs.
- Any special skills or qualifications you will bring to your internship. Or, the extent to which you have studied social insurance programs and/or the area (e.g., health policy) covered by the program for which you are applying.
- A resume or CV;
- An official or unofficial transcript (if you are a graduate student, submit a copy of your undergraduate and graduate course work to-date);
- At least two written letters of recommendation; one academic and one professional, with contact information; and
- A five to ten page writing sample which reflects the type and quality of work you have done.
Application form and all materials (items 1-5 above) must be submitted electronically by Friday, January 8, 2021 for the Fein Internship, and Friday, January 29, 2021 for all others.
Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committees for placements in Washington, DC that begin in either May or June 2021.
Please complete the online application form and upload supplemental materials. Applicants may also send supporting documents by email to email@example.com.
For additional information, contact the Academy’s Internship Coordinator at (202) 243-7283 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Academy of Social Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.