The National Academy of Social Insurance – as part of its celebration of the 50th anniversary of Medicare and Medicaid – is pleased to announce a partnership with Healthcare: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation. Healthcare: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation is a quarterly journal invested in promoting cutting edge research on innovation in health care delivery, including improvements in systems, processes, management, and applied information technology. As a peer-reviewed publication, it aims to serve as a forum for the dissemination of ideas that improve patient care. The journal is committed to fostering productive dialogue amongst health professionals, policymakers, legislators, health services researchers, and academics.
Editors-in-Chief: Sachin H. Jain, MD, MBA and Amol S. Navathe, MD, PhD
View full editorial board
CALL FOR PAPERS & BLOG ARTICLES – Medicare and Medicaid Issue
Submission deadline: April 30, 2015
In conjunction with the Academy’s 27th annual policy research conference, Healthcare is accepting submissions that examine developments relevant for the future of Medicare and/or Medicaid around the following themes:
- The Changing Face of American Health and Health Care (Demographic trends and implications of these trends on the health care workforce and on patient/consumer behavior)
- Improving Services and Supports for Working Age Persons with Disabilities (Effectiveness of different strategies for promoting health and wellness, independence, and workforce participation)
- The Coming Conflict Between Scientific Breakthroughs & Cost (Significant advances in science and technology and implications of these advances for managing costs while improving health status and quality of life)
- Looking Behind Payment and Delivery Reform (How adoption of reforms and innovations might be reshaping the overall health care system and what this means for future beneficiaries)
- Coverage over the Life Span (Looking at various models and options for expanding coverage)
The journal welcomes submissions of original research, perspectives, case studies, and review articles. Please see our Guide for Authors for more information on article types and submission requirements. Early submissions may receive special feature in the official blog of the journal: http://healthcarethejournal.org/
Papers should be submitted for publication through the journal’s online submission system. Papers will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the submission deadline. We encourage authors to contact our editorial team directly with any questions: email@example.com.
Why Publish in Healthcare?
The journal aims to provide practice and policy-relevant insights to leaders. An important feature of publishing in Health Care: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation is the strength of the Journal’s editorial board, and their commitment to specifically distribute articles from the Journal to decision-makers and health care leaders across the country. These will include targeted communications to government officials, political leaders, health system and payer executives, and think tanks. The goal of publication is not merely to disseminate findings, but to support the translation of first-rate delivery innovation into practice and build a disciplinary home for the science of health care delivery and innovation.
Speed to Review and Decision
Health Care: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation recognizes many of the challenges to publication: long and repetitive review cycles, infrequent communication with journals, and delays in publication. We are committed to being author-centered in our approach. Authors can expect that we will rapidly review and expeditiously make publication decisions. When the release of findings is time-sensitive, authors can request an expedited review.