Published: January, 2009
January 29, 2009
PowerPoint presentations made during Session III, “What Vision of Retirement Income Security Will Guide Policy?” at NASI’s 21st Annual Conference, Social Insurance, Fiscal Responsibility, and Economic Growth.
- Moderator: Ken Apfel, Director of the Management, Finance and Leadership Program, University of Maryland
- The Social Security Leg: Joseph Quinn, Professor Of Economics, Boston College
- Reforming Social Security to Restrain Costs and Increase Effectiveness: Andrew Biggs, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- DB Plans – The Real Deal: Beth Almeida, Executive Director, National Institute on Retirement Security
- Complimentary Roles of Social Security and Private Savings: Lisa Mensah, Executive Director, Initiative on Financial Security, The Aspen Institute