Thank you for your interest in an Academy internship!
Applications will be accepted electronically through the respective application deadlines.
Finalists will be notified in March of 2023. All finalists’ references will be contacted, and finalists may be invited to a video interview in advance of selection.
Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committees for placements in Washington, DC that begin in either May or June 2023.
For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Friday, January 20, 2023: Rashi Fein Internship on Health Policy
Friday, January 27, 2023: John Burton Internship on Workers’ Compensation, Anne Somers Research Internship on Long-Term Care and Aging, Congressman Pete Stark Health Policy Internship, Eileen Sweeney Graduate Internship in Disability Policy
Friday, March 10, 2023: Leeba Lessin Internship on Health and Medicare Policy
In addition to completing the form below, you must include the following with your application:
- A 1–2 page cover letter explaining your interest in the internship program and answering the following questions:
- The role of social insurance programs in your life, that of your family and/or your community, or of our society.
- The internship program for which you are applying (your first choice), and why this program is well suited to your educational goals, professional development, and/or career aspirations (one paragraph).
- If applying to more than one internship program, please discuss in a separate paragraph why you are interested in the other programs.
- Any special skills or qualifications you will bring to your internship. Or, the extent to which you have studied social insurance programs and/or the area (e.g., health policy) covered by the program for which you are applying.
- A resume or CV;
- An official or unofficial transcript (if you are a graduate student, submit a copy of your undergraduate and graduate course work to-date);
- At least two written letters of recommendation; one academic and one professional, with contact information; and
- A 5—10 page writing sample written within the last year which reflects the type and quality of work you have done.
Please complete the online application form and upload supplemental materials. Applicants may also send supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Academy of Social Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.